We used to pick up a large yellow book for those of you who know and browse through the pages to find local businesses. Now, we can open Google any time, anywhere, and get 322,000,000 results in 0.77 seconds. And that is what we do, we do it more every day and every year.
Data from Google Trends shows the dramatic increase in search queries “near me,” which give businesses the ability to reach potential customers seeking a local business.
The Local 3 pack continues to receive a majority proportion of clicks, actually comprising 32.3 per cent of all clicks on the results Page of Search Engines (SERP).
There is no doubt the importance of that traffic to your business and the revenue it can generate as a channel. Businesses can no longer go without focusing time and attention on their listing.
Brightlocal analysed click-through rates of the Search Engine Results Page(SERP) and found:
- Organic position 1 27.4%
- Local Pack position 1 17.3%
- Local Pack position 2 12%
- PPC Top position 1 10.5%
"32.3% of all search clicks go to the Local Pack | Top 3 listings"
More profound stats to grab your attention:
- 46% of all Google searches are local.
- 64% of local customers use search engines and directories as their main way to find local businesses.
- 50% of local mobile searchers look for business information (like a company’s address or phone number).
- A whopping 78% of local mobile searches result in an offline purchase.